Looking for previous content from "Artful Living on the Bluff"? It's still available! Find Vol. 1 at artfullivingonthebluff1.blogspot.com

12/07/2016

Shadow Box Christmas Ornaments!


I love the shadow-box-style ornaments I've been seeing on Pinterest and have decided to give it a try. During my travels over the past couple weeks I have been gathering supplies...

I found some star-shaped baking tins while on an antiquing road trip with the girls a couple weeks ago. The miniatures I've had hanging around for quite a while. The mini glass ornaments were a lucky find at a local thrift store! A whole jar full for $1!! You can't beat that!

This sweet German songbook was picked up for a quarter at another thrift shop. It's in pretty bad shape - most of the pages are loose - but I think those loose pages will add a nice touch. Not sure if I'll decoupoage them or add folded elements to the inside of the ornaments...

And finally... floral stems from the dollar store to add a bit of sparkle!

I'm running out of time today but I'm planning on staying home tomorrow, drinking hot chocolate, watching Christmas movies and making ORNAMENTS! Can't wait!

No comments: